CarsArrive Auto Relocation (“CarsRelo,” “us,” or “we”), a division of the CarsArrive Network, has developed a comprehensive privacy program designed to respect and protect your data privacy rights. This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we collect through our Internet website www.carsrelo.com, mobile application(s), and any other features via the site (collectively the “Service”), and how we use that information.
Information Collection and Usage
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically through our Service, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your ISP provider, device usage, browser and cookie information, user behavior, page navigation, referring sites, countries of origin, information about your operating system, and other statistics (“Analytics”).
We collect and maintain information about you and your vehicle when you request a quote. The information you provide can identify you and your vehicle and includes, but is not limited to, your name, type of vehicle, vehicle year, make and model, and your contact information (e.g., name, telephone number, email address and mailing address).
We may use mobile applications to provide our Service. If you use our mobile application, we may request information about your device, including device type, unique device identifiers, and mobile location data (if you have activated a mobile application with us and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data). Our mobile applications may also request certain permissions for certain device functions and collect information about the device and its settings. We use mobile device data to improve our quality of service and market relevant products. You may opt-out of this collection or withdraw permission by changing the settings on your mobile device.
You may provide information to us directly when you respond to a survey, contact us via our website, or call us. We may ask you to provide your name, phone number, and email address. You should be aware that when you submit a message to us via our website, your correspondence is stored for the purpose of providing customer support.
How We Use Your Information and Basis for Processing
We will limit the collection and use of personal information to what is necessary to administer our business. We may use this information to provide you with periodic promotional emails about new products, as well as for the following purposes:
- Respond to Auto Shipping Quote Requests;
- Improve and promote our products and services; and
- Provide quality customer service.
The legal ground for processing this information is CarsRelo’s legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
In connection with the purposes set out above, we may share and disclose your information with:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site; and
- Any group or entity involved in the buying or selling of any assets, potential or actual acquisition, or merger of our company.
When permitted or required by law, we will share your personal information with government entities, such as regulatory agencies, law enforcement, and judicial authorities, or private parties:
- to respond to claims or any legal obligation (including subpoenas and court orders);
- to enforce or apply any of our terms and conditions and other agreements;
- to protect our property, rights, and safety;
- to protect the property, rights, and safety of a third party or the public in general; and
- to stop any activity that we believe is illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
We do not sell your personal information. Please click “Do Not Sell My Data” for more information.
Protecting and Storing Your Information
We are committed to protecting the information entrusted to us. We have implemented reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard this information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction. The information that we collect from you is stored securely. It shall be stored for as long as it is legally required or reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
We do not collect, and it is not our current policy to allow third parties to collect “targeted” cookies (persistent identifiers tracking users over time across different sites and services) for marketing purposes.
We may, from time to time, and subject to our Privacy Notice, use technologies similar to cookies, including web beacons, pixel tags, flash objects, location tracking and/or third-party widgets. We use this information to enhance your web or mobile experience and to allow you to share information on other platforms, including social media.
Third Party Links
We may provide links to third-party Internet sites strictly as a service to you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party Internet sites. If you leave our website, you should be sure to read the privacy notice of each Internet site that you visit.
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Data
Your information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. Any transfer of personal data from the European Union to the United States will be done pursuant to an appropriate transfer mechanism.
Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Data
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The Right to Access – You have the right to request copies of your personal information;
- The Right to Rectification - You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete;
- The Right to Erasure – You have the right to request us to delete personal information under certain circumstances;
- The Right to Data Portability – You have the right to request that we transfer your personal information that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions;
- The Right to Object to Processing – You have the right to object and/or restrict the processing of your personal information on certain grounds;
- The Right to Object to Marketing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing; and
- The Right to Object to Automated Processing – You have the right to object to any decision about you based solely on automated processing (including any profiling) that produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you.
Our Service is not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or use any personal data from users under 18 years of age. No information should be submitted to our website by visitors under 18 years of age. You must be 18 years or older to purchase our Service. If we learn that we have collected personal data from someone under 18, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
“Do Not Track” Signal
The “Do Not Track” Signal is a feature that enables you to send a signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter to stop tracking your activities. We do not currently respond to a “Do Not Track” request.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Privacy Notice on this website or within our mobile application. The date that this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. Please periodically visit our website or mobile application and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
We may use your data to provide you with information about our services, products and special offers. We may also permit certain third-party companies to help us deliver customized advertising that we feel would be of interest to you based on your use of the Service. If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of delivering targeted ads, you may opt-out.
Subject Access Requests
You can make a request to us in relation to these rights at any time by:
- Writing to us at the following address: 11299 N. Illinois Street, Carmel, IN 46032.
- Submitting a Subject Access Request; or
- Sending an email to Privacy.
Any information to which you are entitled will be provided within a reasonable timeframe, subject to the exemptions stipulated in applicable data protection laws. If you believe the information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, via one of the methods listed above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.